Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Grid Art

For my grid art project I decided to recreate the famous Andy Warhol piece that was featured on the cover of the Velvet Revolver's album. Originally I wanted to use pushpins to make the piece, but after searching high and low i decided to use beads. The things about beads is the fact that you have to place each bead in a linear fashion, which can be frustrating if you happen to mess something up. In the beginning, I took a picture off Google images and lowered the resolution and zoomed in Photoshop to give me a general grid. Afterward, I wrote down how many white, black, and yellow beads there were in order to start building the banana. It took forever and there are many many beads, but the final work i something I'm proud of!



1 comment:

  1. I like your choice of art to copy in your grid project and it turned out really well. I can see that it was very time consuming with the beads. If you could have found the right colors of pushpins it wouldn't have taken as long to do but I think the finished product wouldn't have been as impressive with the pushpins.

    ReplyDelete