Monday, April 25, 2011

Performance Art

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pC2baKLXCzM

I was originally inspired to do this performance art piece because of a video I saw years ago. In this video, the artist attached a camera to a balloon and viewed himself through video goggles. The point behind it was that he was experimenting with the idea of a soul and what it would be like to see yourself through your following soul.

I liked this idea and wanted to view the world through the lens of technology. I connected my two iPhones via Bluetooth which allowed me to look at the world through the iPhone's point of view. This was one of my favorite projects to create and perform and it taught me that maybe in our world, there needs more humanity and maybe less computers!

1 comment:

  1. Cool how you were looking thru technology. Interesting concept that without technology, we are blind. Very creative

    ReplyDelete