Monday, April 11, 2011

Xerox Project


For my Xerox project, I wanted to focus on my identity. I decided that I would scan all those things that made me up. For instance, if you have known me for a decent amount of time you would come to recognize the fact that I only chew one type of gum, or that I have used the same cologne for years, or that I love my iPhone and Xbox. Then I decided to place these constituent parts together in such a way that seemed to reflect a perfect symmetry. This is because I am always striving for perfection, but even if I don't achieve it, there will always be beauty in trying. I decided to keep it black and white, because I thought it gave it this "yin and yang" appeal. Finally, I covered the majority of my face because it would challenge a viewer to guess who it is, but it becomes easy once you clue into the surrounding prints.

1 comment:

  1. I like how the whole idea was a reflection of yourself. Your face, your interests, your personality. Amazing stuff man.

    ReplyDelete